Wednesday 2 September 2009

Faggots In The Rain!

Hello! I hope this months recipe can bring a little Summer to your table as the weather outside certainly is not Summer! What is going on? I walked out of the supermarket today and thought I was in a monsoon, I dont think I have ever got so wet before, some say its good for the garden but hey how about us poor souls that need to feel the heat of the rays? My daughter and her partner have gone to work in Rioja Spain and phoned me to say it was so hot outside they had to go indoors , and they are only two hours away on an aeroplane!
I have just returned from cooking for the lunch club, they had home made faggots today with onion gravy mashed potato and mushy peas, real comfort food for a rainy day, it was surprising how many at first said" I dont eat faggots "but once they saw them and smelt the aroma were soon munching them up! These old recipes are dying out mainly because of offal scares in the past but if you get them from a reputable source are delicious, these ones had little offal in them and were mainly pork and bacon so dont forget to try these old favourites that we seem to be missing out these days they are quite delicious. I would recommend faggots from Oakley Butchers they make them fresh daily with real ingredients and no additives.
Well enjoy what is left of the good old English Summer and dont forget to try some good old fashioned English fare!

Cameliaxx

No comments:

Post a Comment