Thursday 17 June 2010

Hello!

I am back in sunny Spain after an amazing trip to the other side of the world! Our first port of call was Hong Kong an incredible culinary experience, they seem to eat every part of animal and fish and I as my chopstick skills are not great it was interesting to say the least! The tea house had to be the best experience, a place where they serve tea and Dim Sum on a big trolley loaded with baskets with all sorts of steamed delicacies, my face was a picture when I raced to the front to be presented with cockerals feet and some sort of intestine beautifully steamed! The poor lady was horrified I declined her offer and quickly retreated back to the kitchen and presented with little balls stuffed with meat and spices and the more traditional dim sum we know..... and how delicious they were, after an hour and a half of eating and providing entertainment for the locals we left very full and my goodness it was cheap!
Then onto Australia, a fantastic country where I ate the best meat pies I have ever tasted and fell in love with Moreton Bugs a giant cray fish type tail juicy and sweet. I even tried kangaroo but felt awful the next day when I came face to face with his cousin!! Oh those lovely cute eyes! So I wont be doing that again.!! The food in Oz was all lovely,simple well cooked food and some very different fish to try. After Oz we travelled to new Zealand and was lucky enough to book a table at Logan Brownes voted the best restaurant in New Zealand and my goodness it was fab! particularly smoked eel with a horseradish pannacotta, one to try at home. New Zealand is stunning and I loved the way the locals catch, hunt and shoot then go home and smoke and cook in all sorts of homemade contraptions.
I am now back continuing my adventure in Spain, and have been busy cooking for private households, our new venture as home cooks has really taken off and I am loving it all ! Here is my website www.thehomecookingco.uk if any of you need a cook whilst out in Spain.
This lamb recipe is great I often cook this one at home, it is simple and tasty, just make sure you rest the meat before carving.
Thanks for all you comments and enjoy!

Camelia x







1 comment:

  1. Janine Pulford5 July 2010 at 01:01

    Hi Camelia, really enjoyed reading about your travels and wanted to visit your website, but your homecooking link doesn't work, is it the right address?

    ReplyDelete